Before You Begin Construction in the Caribbean
July 29, 2019
Tiny Terrace Retreat
September 11, 2019

The Condominium Regime Required to Obtain Title Deed

Condominium life has become a popular choice in real estate sales because of the lifestyle it offers, mainly the freedom from upkeep and maintenance, and access to swimming pools, fitness centers, and other amenities. The ability to earn an income from your condo is another perk as well as low-cost utilities and taxes. Many choose condo living for the peace of mind of a gated complex with 24-hour security. 

Of course, condo life has a few drawbacks such as strict rules and regulations, but these rules are intended to ensure tranquility amongst the residents and protect the interest of the owners.

Some of the regulations are identified within the condominium regime.

The condominium regime is an essential part of owning a condo; it is a legal document granted by a Mexican notary and registered in the Public Registry of Property. Without the regime, owners can not obtain a title deed. The property regime is established before construction begins. Obtaining the official regime can take three to six months. 

The regime consists of but not limited to the items listed below.

Construction license and proof of regulating construction.
Property description, including the dimension of adjoining features and boundaries of the land and units.
Architectural and engineering data, including characteristics of the construction and quality of materials to be used.
Adaptations to provide access for persons with disabilities.
The total value of the property and corresponding percentage of pro indiviso.
Description of the common areas.
Conditions in which the deed of incorporation of the regime and the regulations of the condo or admin may be modified.
Certificate of completion of work.
Appointment of administration, their authority, and pay.
Owners obligations regarding fees for maintenance, administration, and reserve fund.
Once the regime is written, it must be registered in the Public Registry of Property and Urban Compatibility, and will be issued by the Executive of the State through the Secretariat of Urban Development.