Food and Conversation – The Party is in the KitchenNovember 20, 2019
Downsizing with Multifunctional FurnitureDecember 4, 2019
Who says home interiors should be neutral beiges and taupe? Why not brighten up your life with a splash of vibrant color and culture? Do not be afraid of color; Mexican style interiors bring multiple colors and traditions together for an eclectic vibe.
Here are a few Mexican inspired additions that add life and character to your home.
Check out Pinterest for some fantastic Mexican interior ideas and photos.
- Add some color with a few multi-colored woven Mexican blankets on the sofa or stacked in a hand woven basket.
- Add a multi-colored hand-woven hammock to your patio, a siesta in your back yard feels like a permanent vacation.
- Alebrijes a Mexican folk art, wooden sculptures of mythical creatures with intricate patterns and bright colors. Which creature speaks to you?
- Cactus and aloe vera in terra cotta pots are low maintenance plants that add a Mexican charm to your home.
- Tin and tile mirrors, add a large one to your entrance or create a collection of miniature tin and tile mirrors in various colors and designs.
- Shop for Mexican artisans, choose vibrant hand-embroidered table runners and pillows (choose authentic Mexican products, not imitations made in China).
- Talavera Pottery is a brightly colored earthware seen in most Mexican artisan shops. Set the table with this bold dinnerwear. Talavera is available in canisters, vases, and everything else, including the kitchen sink.
- Mexican Otomi tablecloths, placemats, and wall hangings decorated with bright hand-embroidered birds, flowers, and animals on muslin fabric.
- Brightly painted wooden table and chairs - experiment with colors; paint each chair a different color.
- Mexico is famous for its handblown glassware, serve up some refreshing cocktails in these cobalt blue rimmed or multi-colored margarita glasses.
- Add color and tradition with decorative ceramic tiles as a splashback, bathroom counter, shower walls, or kitchen island.