Liven Up Your Home With Vibrant Mexican StyleNovember 20, 2019
If you are planning on downsizing and purchasing a condominium, you will need to put some thought into the furniture you buy to maximize your space.
Select furniture pieces that offer more than one use, and keep bulky furniture to a minimum. With the current trends of minimalist designs – think tiny houses and condo living, innovative furniture manufacturers cater to producing multifunctional pieces.
Choose furniture pieces that serve more than one purpose, provide storage, and take up minimal space; here are a few ideas.
- Eliminate the need for a chest of draws by buying a bed with storage draws underneath and a bookshelf headboard.
- A convertible sofa or chair that unfolds into a guest bed. The traditional hide a bed sofa is another option but test out the mattress as many are flimsy and uncomfortable for your guests.
- End tables that serve double duty as a magazine rack.
- Pet owners may select an end or coffee table dog crate. Designer furniture made to house your pet as well as fit your decor.
- A bold colored ottoman adds a splash of color and serves as both a footrest and a storage box.
- Drop leaf table, breakfast for one, or dinner for 6. For studio apartments, choose a coffee table that converts into a dining table.
- Built-in foldaway ironing board and iron storage, which doubles as a full-length mirror.
- Built-in storage drawers under the staircase or have drawers built under each step.
- Torn between turning the spare room into an office or a guest room? Buy a desk that transforms into a queen-size bed — office by day guest room by night.
It is easy to create a chic, functional home with these furnishings, remember less is more.